Thursday, March 31, 2011

Asparagus Basil Salad, Elana's Pantry and a nap.

Pooped.  That is all I can say about today.  Barely slept at all and am dying for nap time?  Thank God four year olds still nap!

Thought I would share a great web site and a recipe I love that I found there.  www.elanaspantry.com is an awesome site for gluten free eaters.  She had tried and true recipes.  I made the asparagus basil salad once last year and am buying some asparagus tomorrow so I can make it again.  Can't wait until summer so I can have home grown grape tomatoes in it!

ASPARAGUS BASIL SALAD

1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and halved
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 ripe avocado, cut into cubes
1 cup sliced basil leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

1. Steam asparagus for 5-7 minutes until fork tender
2. Place asparagus, tomatoes, avocado and basil in a large bowl
3. Stir in olive oil, lemon juice and mustard
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
5. Serve

So yummy I ate most of it myself!

Well I am going to take a nap now.  Hope you all have a great day.  I may try a bread recipe this evening.  I'll share the recipe and results tomorrow if I get to it tonight.  God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment